Sunday, November 24, 2013

2013 Off Season...

Looks like off season is just about over and not a moment too soon. But, wait. It hasn't all been bad.


This is the first time I've had an honest to goodness "off season". From reading and listening to others, "off season" supposed to be about:
  • Recharging
  • Reconnecting
  • Losing some fitness
I was completely ready to recharge (mentally and physically) and reconnect (with friends, family, and Grumpy) but, lose some fitness???? I don't have that much to lose!!! Coach only told me NOT to do nothing....

So, I've reconnected with my dogs by running, hiking, playing:

Grumpy with Tazzy & Essie

Essie (run by Grumpy) making a nice close turn on the jump

I've reconnected with junk food and alcohol:
Candy Cane Joe Joe's and Chocolate covered Joe Joes


I've reconnected with my pajamas (no pictures, just imaging flannel jammies and slouch socks)

I've reconnected with friends for dinner, dog shows, and music. 

Blowing off all sorts of workouts has been a decadent treat. I've recovered from constant fatigue. My mind is clear. Come December 1, I'll be ready physically, mentally, and spiritually to start working on the 2014 workload. This final week is a bit like standing on the edge of the pool at 5:30 am. It's going to be cold. It's going to be hard. I'm excited to get going.

1 comment: