Sunday, November 10, 2013

Off Season 2013 - aka. A Blog Full of Promises

Last year, I didn't really take a break. I worked through the "off season" with coach to take off a bit of weight. I was also concerned about getting out of the routine. Although I still have both issues, I decided to take the break this year. I KNOW what the late spring and early summer will bring.

Sooooo, it's off season huh? Now what?

First thing, look back on the 2013 season. In particular, what are the NON workout points that I want to do differently. These include:
  1. Menu planning and preparation.
  2. Work out journal
  3. Bike weight reduction - hydration
  4. Bike weight reduction - tire kit.
I will write about these issues in future blogs... I promise.


Second thing, plan the 2014 season. What are my goals? How am I going to achieve my goals?

I will write about these in a future blog... um, I promise.


Finally, do all the things I can't do during training:
  • Staying in your pajamas all day - my favoirte.
  • Sleeping in - my record so far is 7:45am.
  • Go for a hike
  • Eat pizza - may be not the whole medium pepperoni pizza
  • Eat cookies and candy - may be not the whole box
  • Stay out late with friends.
  • Get personal swim lessons.
  • Try out club workouts.
But, the ultimate goal is to become bored. I want to recharge and be ready to take on a higher level of training to help me achieve the goals I set for 2014 and beyond.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment