Wednesday, November 13, 2013

2014 Meal Planning

I hate to cook. I have no interest in it. I'm happy with a bag of croutons or a bowl of cereal. I know this isn't a healthy diet. Over the years, Grumpy has taken over this household chore. Problem solved... right? Not really. Grumpy isn't good at decisions or planning.

Every week, I spend 1-2 hours combing over recipe books and on-line recipes, reviewing the upcoming schedule to know how much cooking needs to be done, and looking through the cabinets and refrigerator all in order to make a meal plan and grocery list.

I have recipe books....



... and more recipe books ...



It sucks but, this it what it takes to get healthy meals cooked regularly. What's worse, is that when the weekend workouts get long or we go to dog shows, this falls apart.

I've been trying to figure out how can I speed this process up? What I want is a menu that has only healthy meals... no thought, just point. I came up with this:

Recipe binder with full and half page inserts
That's right. ANOTHER recipe book!!! But not just any recipe book. This recipe book will be limited to ~40 GO-TO favorite healthy meals - one stop shopping!

I've already started collecting and I should have about 40 GO-TO meals by February or March.

Wish me luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment