Monday, July 11, 2011

Best Day Ever

Finished up base phase with a low heart rate run by the lake with the grrls. I'm loving this low heart rate running, but nervous about how slow I need to go to keep my heart rate down.

I also love multitasking and the grrls need some exercise. So Grumpy went with us so I could switch off the grrls. Eventually, he got to a place where the grrls got to play in the creek.

This is easy/taper week, but apparently that wasn't on the plan for Masters this morning. Masters kicked my butt this morning. I had a short easy run tonight and figured I'd take both grrls by myself. I thought about it all day at work and wished the day would hurry up. By the time I got home, all I wanted to do was take a nap. So I changed clothes, told the grrls we're going, and then there definitely wasn't any turning back.


WOW! That wasn't an easy run. Once they realized where they were, the grrls made a bee-line for the creek! I got a run in and a bit faster than I had planned. It was supposed to be 4.8-5 mph and I really bounced around 4.5 to 8.6mph!

The look on Shelby's face made it all worth it. That's her "Thank's Mom. This is the best day ever!" look.

1 comment: