Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Just doing my thing...

I love riding. I love riding LONG slow rides through the hilly areas around the peninsula and south bay. I love Hicks. I love Sierra (category 1 in the Tour of California). I love Mt. Hamilton. I love Old La Honda. Mind you, I'm not fast. The problem is, these routes don't work well for short duration high intensity and they don't work for the "long" low intensity.

From January to the Silicon Valley International Triathlon in July, I followed my training plan as much as possible given some extra curricular 100K rides. To get me through the last two weeks before the race, I promised myself that I would spend some time doing the other things I like to do... like riding and hiking the hills in the south bay.

I started with the some what shaded Hicks/Shannon/Kennedy loop.

 





A few days later, I had an awesome ride (with Grumpy) through Los Gatos/Saratoga/Monte Sereno around Stevens Creek including up Pearce Road (really impressed with how long I was able to stay out of the saddle on that one!)

 
And to end the holiday weekend, I joined Grumpy on a hike with the grrls. Today my glutes are screaming! Should find a way to keep that in the training plan. Can I count that as a run?



One more weekend of "Base", a week of recovery, and then it's back to Build Build BUILD!

1 comment:

  1. I love riding all the fun stuff in our area too - I'm so glad I'm finally getting to do long ones!!! Great photos!

    ReplyDelete