Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Vacation Maddness: Part 1

It took a couple days to decompress from the last few weeks of stress filled work days. I've made some decisions and changes are forth coming. This means reduced goals for the future, but hopefully life will be more balanced. Of course, I have no motivation to do any training. I think I'm going to just recharge for now. Too many things going on.

In the mean time, vacation started with the arduous trip 330 miles north to the very cool Eureka California for the 3 day HumDog CPE trial. We left Thursday so that the girls would be well rested for the start of the trial Friday afternoon. Almost the moment we got to Eureka, I broke the arm off of my glasses. Friday games went well despite spending the morning at the beach. Both Tazzy and Shelby qualified in their runs beautifully.

Samoa Dunes Recreational Area
Saturday started with loud music from the Extreme Games across the street at the Fairgrounds. It never let up all day.  Regardless, Grumpy and Tazzy had many beautiful runs and looked like a well oiled team.
Tazzy
Shelby and I struggled to come together as a team until the last run Sunday. She had fallen asleep with her ear in the water bowl. She needed some heavy duty waking up. I spent 20 minutes making her bark, close range ball chasing, and quick little tricks to get her pumped up. It worked! Last run of a 3 day trial was full of energy and togetherness -- from BOTH of us. But really... 20 minutes of fluffing???


Before leaving Eureka, we headed back to Samoa Dunes to wear out the grrls. First part of vacation is done. 

2 comments:

  1. A great break when you really needed it and I'm glad there is more to come!

    Cracked up at this take on Eureka from the weekend: http://justmoredogs.blogspot.com/2011/08/our-weekend-up-north.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like she stayed downtown so she would have seen a lot more of that. Staying up in Arcata, I didn't feel that I needed to worry about needles. However, I made sure I had one of the grrls with me when I did my run. I agree that their homeless/addict/mental illness problem is out of control.

    Bummed that I have to take the break just when I'm starting to see my first improvements. But, there is just too much coming at me all at once. Too many demands on my time for the foreseeable future.

    ReplyDelete