Thursday, December 22, 2011

Ice berg in the pool!

Dinner Club
Saturday was Grumpy's and my turn to host dinner club. He decided to make Beef Wellington. He had this wonderful beef tenderloin hunk of meat that he pasted with a mushroom mixture and wrapped in prosciutto.


 Then, he wrapped the pastry around it. Sorry, no finished picture. It was fabulous.

Training

This has been a step back week. Training has been so lite I've hardly noticed. Most exciting thing on the calendar this week are the swim and bike tests. I was at the pool this morning to knock off that swim test. Brrr. 36 degrees! It took me 250 yards before the goose bumps went away -- or may be I was too numb to notice.


The swim test is one of the easiest tests that I need to do. However, I was worried I'd screw it up by miscounting or stopping my watch in the middle or some ditzy thing. But, I didn't! As I came back from each 75, I reminded myself to check the wall clock, THEN hit my lap button on my watch, then go when it was time for the next 100. Hope I gave coach good data.

Christmas eve is when I do the bike test. I'm a little worried about that as I watched the power meter on last night's ride jump all over the place yet I held the cadence pretty constant. If nothing else, coach will let me know if my meter needs to go back to the factory.

The run test won't be until next week. I'm hoping last night's off the bike lite run of the bike is a good indicator. My runs have been feeling good so, hopefully I'll get good numbers next week for the test. I wouldn't mind a new 5k PR either but, that will just be a side benefit.

For now, I sit in a long sleeved T-shirt, running jacket, Grumpy's pull over sweater, thermal pants, sweat pants, 2 pairs of socks and a blanket. I hope I thaw out by Christmas.

Weigh In Day


Maintained this week -barely. 




Week One:  149.8
Week Four: 146.6 

I'm not feeling as confident on next week's weigh in. Seriously, weighing in THE DAY AFTER Christmas ????? It is what it is and I'll own it.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Nice job getting through the swim test. That's the one that stresses me out the most.

    ReplyDelete