Monday, December 5, 2011

The Big City

Back in training and loving it. To ease back into things, Grumpy and I rode in San Francisco with my sister, Shelly, and my brother Ray. Saturday morning, we started at Crissy Field. It was windy and in the 50's but, the sky was a beautiful, clear blue.


Upon leaving the parking lot, we immediately had a steep (but short) climb up to the Golden Gate bridge. We rode across the eastern side which allows both pedestrian and bicyclists. Because we were so early, the tourists hadn't come out yet so riding wasn't difficult.


We stopped along the bridge several times to take in the sights. Grumpy insisted in taunting any one who might be interested in Escape from Alcatraz. My brother had his helmet cam going. Yes, it was really this loud on the bridge.

 
 © 2011 Ray Prevost

Although we had planned to go further, we ended up spending time in Sausalito. We viewed some amazing house boats and had a nice lunch at Fred's.

In order to get on the west side of the bridge (cyclists only), we had to ride under the bridge and then up this hill. I looked at my power meter during this and it was at 282!


Although the western side is for cyclists only, it was SCARY! It's more narrow and there are a wide range of cyclist. I don't think that was on my bucket list, but I'll write it in if not.

Weigh In Day

It's weigh in day! Believe it or not, this actually helped me avoid a little temptation this week. Down 1.2 pounds! Ok, a little truth here. Week one's weigh in day followed a especially big weekend and I knew it would be easy this week. Not to diminish accomplishments, but I won't really be working until I'm below 145. The rest is just ebb and flow. Still, gotta love this downward trend.



Week One:  149.8
Week 2: 147.6

3 comments:

  1. Fun way to ease back into it and beautiful sights!!! Are you around and riding this weekend? Let me know, I'd love to go for a ride... (or a swim if you have one of those too)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got a choice of a trainer ride or 90 minutes ride outside on Saturday. No swim on Sunday :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a fun ride! Great job on the scale too :)

    ReplyDelete