Sunday, April 14, 2013

Week 14 and a little bit of life

What a week. Mileage was down a bit this week since my daughter was having cosmetic surgery and I was determined to be by her side as much as possible.

The first part of the week was front loaded with as many workouts as I could fit in. Thursday was the big day. We were up at 3:45am to get her to the hospital in San Francisco by 5:30am. This was scheduled to be a 10 hour surgery, so the plan was to leave once they took her in and we'd be back before they wheeled her out. Driving in San Francisco at 5:30am isn't too bad nor, is leaving San Francisco at 7:30am.

Each time we drove into San Francisco, Garmin directed a different way. I had absolutely dreaded spending so much time in the City. As an adult, I've only been through the tenderloin, the financial district, and market street -- my opinion was not good. But, we drove through Noe valley, Twin Peaks, Dolores Park - all very nice.

Once released from the hospital, she is now convalescing in a near by hotel. She was doing so well this morning that I felt comfortable leaving her while I did my last run of the week out on the bay trail. I had hoped to go early and beat the cold fierce wind. Ha! 8am and it was a strong head wind. But, on an out and back course, that meant a very lovely tail wind. This was to be a zone 1-2 run and I was beating last year's 10k pace EASILY.

Ran this in the Diva's Half Marathon last May

No comments:

Post a Comment