Thursday, April 25, 2013

Weight Loss Intro - week 2

  • I AM NOT A TRAINED DIETICIAN. 
  • I AM NOT A DOCTOR
  • BEFORE EMBARKING ON ANY WEIGHT LOSS OR EXERCISE PLAN, TALK WITH YOUR DOCTOR. Your doctor is a partner in your health. Don't shut him/her out. Use them!
  • I HAVE NO VESTED INTEREST IN LIVESTRONG.COM, WEIGHT WATCHERS.

So, how did you do last week? Did you have problems getting set up or tracking? If you haven't already, go weigh in.

This week is all about getting started with movement. I'm a big believer in getting my body moving every day. There are so many benefits to movement but, most important to me is mood. Often, I really don't want to do it but, I've never regretted having done it.

Movement can be anything you are capable of but, most importantly something you enjoy doing.
  • Dance
  • Walking
  • TRX
  • Yoga
  • Running
  • Swimming
The list is endless. But, only do what you are able to do. Studies on the benefit of exercise and weight loss are often conflicting. I can promise you, as you start to lose weight and see you are doing more and more movement, you will be proud of your efforts.

When I started getting healthy, I bought a pedometer. I thought that walking the dogs every evening, I was getting more than my 10,000 daily steps. Imagine my shock when I barely hit 2500!

For this week, purchase and wear a pedometer. You don't need anything fancy. You just need it to learn how much you are actually walking.



No comments:

Post a Comment